web analytics

>Listography: Places I’d like to visit . . .maybe . .one day??

I’m not particularly well travelled so I thought that writing about the places that I would like to go would be super easy. Surprisingly it was much harder to come up with five places for this week’s listography than I had thought. I am lucky enough to have visited some nice places over the years. This was a good excerice because I don’t think I’d taken the time out to appreciate the places I’d been in a while.

1. Martinique
I spent many a summer holiday and Christmas break at my grandparents house in Dominica (commonwealth of). On a clear day you could see the cars driving along the coast of Martinique from my Grandma’s kitchen door. It was strange because it seemed so close but in all the trips I made to Dominica, we never took a trip across the water to visit the island.

2.South Africa
This is such a beautiful country steeped with an immense amount of history which is important to know regardless of race. I really want to show my daughter this country. Table Mountain, safaris, the stadiums, there are so many wonderful things to see and experience.

3.Solomon Islands
They are beautiful. End of story. Oh and there are sooo many of them!!

4.Botswana
I have loads of reasons for liking this country, not the least because of Alexander McCall Smiths series of books. I love The Number One Ladies Detective series and even enjoyed the TV adaptations starring Jill Scott. They filmed the series in Botswana and it brought the books to life, being able to see the lush greenery and those beautiful people.

5. Russia
What can I say, what a huge country. Another country absolutely swamped with history. I studied Russian History during my A Levels and have had an interest ever since. Also I made some really good friends in China who were from Russia. They recommended a few places and would love to see them for myself.

Related Posts

8 Comments

1. motherventing

June 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm

>Russia! I love the Russian accent. It's quite fun to say 'vodka please' in a Russian accent, until you get told to shut up by your husband. My FIL has been to Moscow, he says it's a crazy place – I'm guessing that's a good thing?? Great list, really interesting mix :)

2. Alma

June 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm

>oh wow interesting choices. South Africa is probably one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited. And Russia! I loved Catherine the Great as a young girl and had always been fascinated by the country she built up (only to be destroyed by her son!) Great list, and definitely got me thinking!

3. Reluctant Housedad

June 13, 2011 at 2:25 pm

>What an interesting selection. Russia wouldn't have occurred to me. Likethe other guys, Solomon Island – left field choice. Excellent.

4. Metal Mummy

June 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm

>Ooo defo the Solomon Islands. They'd have made my Top 10 list for sure!

5. Kate

June 13, 2011 at 6:58 am

>Great mix of places. Solomon Islands may have to feature in my list next time!

6. The Rambling Pages

June 12, 2011 at 11:48 pm

>Great list, Russia made my list but then I think it got bumped. I didn't study history but agree about the historical reasons. South Africa as well, need to add so many more to my list!

7. Dianne x

June 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm

>Wow 5 wonderful places and I am sad to say I have not visited any. I hope you manage to visit some if not all places.

8. @FayC

June 12, 2011 at 10:00 pm

>A wonderful list and places I hadn't even thought of when I was compiling mine! Jealous know, why didn't I include Russia?? Oh well, maybe next time and agree, hard to whittle them down to just five.